Knowing the Neighbors

"How are you going to learn Kimwani if you're always sitting in your house?!" Mama R called out as I passed by last week.

Ouch, the words stung, but God used those words to push me out of my comfort zone this past week. He has been planting my roots into the neighborhood, especially with two ladies.

Mama R, a Mwani lady who lives near my house, is full of life and character. She has promised to teach me Kimwani once my Portuguese if more solidified.
Today, she told me she would like to read the Bible with me so I can explain it to her. Praise God!

Mama S, a friend of Mama R, owns the local vendor stall and is always around. This week I have been sitting with her to practice my Portuguese, getting to know the neighborhood, and keeping her company. Her two boys posed for a picture for me this morning.



This afternoon I delivered a Bible to someone down in Chibubware. On the way down I talked briefly with a girl; little did I know she would show up at our gate with a troupe of friends wanting to see our house. But they were afraid of the dogs. I told them to come back on Monday when someone would be around to help with the dogs. I'm hoping I can prepare a brief Bible story for when they come back.


Praise God for open doors in the community!
Pray for Mama R, Mama S, and my future interaction with the local kids.

Comments

  1. Enjoy your time getting to know your neighbors. Share that West Michigan friendliness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo