Cockroach Infestation

I walked into my bedroom and saw two large cockroaches laying on their backs, dead.
In the main room a larger one scurried underneath the table.
In the bathtub three were flailing their legs in the air. 
Under the sofa and side table lay two more.

And me...?
I just wanted to curl up safe on the bed and pretend they weren't there.
My leader came to the rescue and covered up their entry-way to prevent more coming in.
In the morning I had to face the gruesome bodies to dispose of them.
Thank God they were all dead! (although I still hit them with a shoe to make sure before sweeping them up. I didn't want to take any chances of one scurrying across my toes.)


In other news: I am settling in well, progressing in my Portuguese, adjusting to the climate and culture, making friends, learning my way around the city, and forming ideas for what ministries I might be able to start soon. :)

Newsletter coming out next week. Not on the list? Let me know...

Comments

  1. Sorry you having to deal with yucky bugs, but at least they are not poisonous. Glad you are getting settled in. I pray for you daily. I hope you don't get any more bugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo