A Growing Conviction

During SMASH, while I was listening to one of the messages, a verse came to mind that was totally unrelated to the message and everything else I had thought of, read, or listened to that week. As it popped into my mind though I immediately realized it summarized some of my thoughts of late. 

Romans 15:20-21 "and thus I make it my ambition to preach the gospel, not where Christ has already been named, lest I build on someone else's foundation, but as it is written, 'Those who have never been told of him will see, and those who have never heard will understand.'” 

I've known for a while that I will be a full-time missionary for the rest of my life, or as long as God allows me to. This year in South Africa and Mozambique has only affirmed that deeper into my heart and mind. Going on SMASH, participating in weekly ministries, learning a language, all these things are preparing and drawing my heart towards this calling. 

I do not know where I will end up or in what capacity it will be in, but I know it will not be in an easy access place such as the U.S. or South Africa and God is preparing me now for what is to come. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo