Heading Back

A great need exists among the half million people living in refugee camps in northern Mozambique. Covid is only one of many sicknesses spreading among the people. My team discussed these issues on Monday and the next steps for the team.

The team leader and his family have been the only team members in northern Mozambique for over six months. Now the team is preparing to go back. I will, Lord willing, be heading back to Mozambique on February 21! My teammates, including the new ones I met on the Zoom call, hope to arrive in the following months.

My team leader told us a door is wide open for sharing the Gospel where there was no door before. The refugees are hungry for hope and comfort. We each long to be there, helping in the ministry and sharing the Gospel. Pray that God will triumph over visa, support, and health hurdles for all my teammates.


Once I am in Mozambique I, unfortunately, will not be able to post many details about the attacks or the refugees. I will try and allude to them in creative ways. While I still can, I want to share this video from Sky News about the refugee camps around the area I will be living and working in. 

Click to watch the Sky News video on the Refugee Situation in northern Mozambique. 

It breaks my heart to hear about those who are suffering, yet this is a sobering reality of what I will be going back to. I'm excited to be heading back and a little nervous. Pray that I will know the presence of God going before me and surrounding me.

Comments

  1. Hi Rachel, yes it was difficult to see the refugee video and to see the suffering of many. When we attended First Baptist of Wheaton, now called High Point Church, I had several refugees in my 4th grade Sunday school class and knew other refugees. Our church and World Relief reached out to them. We are grateful for those who are showing love to those in need in Mozambique. You are probably leaving this Sunday to continue serving the people you have gotten to know well and love. We are praying for you! Love, your friends, Dave & Deb :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo