Thankful Heart

Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for what we have, but for me it has also always been a time to be with family. This year I knew would be very different so I tried to plan ahead with my housemate Lauren. 

We ended up going to another missionary families home with a few other Americans to celebrate Thanksgiving dinner.
(thankful for all the delicious food and everyone who contributed)

I'm thankful we were able to have that time of fellowship.
It meant a lot to me, being away from physical family, to have that spiritual family united with one purpose: to serve our Lord where He has called us.

One of the other families there that night have been working with the Mwani people in another town for around six years. It was captivating listening to their stories, their knowledge, their experience, and their heart for these people.
I was encouraged to hear how God has been working and is continuing to work in their hearts and lives.

I'm thankful for others with a passion to reach the Mwani people with the Gospel.
I'm thankful God has been stirring up the hearts of others around the globe to intercede in prayer for the Mwani people.
I'm thankful that the Mwani people have been more open to the Gospel this year than in the past because of some of the hardships they have been facing.
I'm thankful for my team who has chosen to focus on God, seek Him in prayer, and lean on Him for strength in the midst of all of the unforeseen challenges. 
I'm thankful for all those who have been supporting me (whether prayer, finances, or encouragement). God has used you all tremendously in my life this year!
I could go on and on, there is so much to be thankful for, but most importantly...

I'm thankful to God for saving me and making His presence in my life known.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo