New Teammates

Our new Brazilian teammates arrived on Thursday!

When their little girl saw the ocean her big, brown eyes widened, framed by her long, thick lashes and dark, curly hair.

She grabbed my pointer finger and headed towards the water, stopping right at the edge of where the waves were lapping.

She pointed at the waves, at the boats, at the birds flying above, at the sand, at the seaweed, and babbled on in her cute, childish way.

My heart warmed to meet this precious little girl and I'm glad she's joined our team along with her parents.

Obviously they are tired from the long trip from Brazil and a bit overwhelmed. I remember how I felt when I first arrived and all the emotions that swirled around me.


Our team

We are all helping them through the first few days with meals, shopping trips, answering questions, and offering encouragement.

Please pray for our team as we expand that our love and unity will expand beyond measure and pull us closer to God's heart.

Please pray for me as I wait for the last teammate, my housemate, the other single from the States, to arrive in November. It's not always easy being the only single with a team of Brazilian families.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo