Best Birthday Present!

7 months ago, at a conference in Kenya, I sat down for lunch and said hi to the others at the table. Almost everyone at the conference were missionaries with Africa Inland Mission, but I discovered that the two young ladies sitting next to me were just visiting the conference. They were Kenyans that lived nearby and were interested in missions. 

The one next to me asked where I was serving as a missionary. I replied that I was going to Pemba, Mozambique to work among the Mwani people. The other Kenyan leaned forward and exclaimed "the Mwani?! I've been praying for them for three years!"

I was floored. 
Only God could have arranged that meeting.

After that conference she applied to AIM, was accepted, and has been doing a few short term trips to gain experience and training.

I started praying that God would open the doors for her to join my team, but told no one in AIM that I was praying for this.

Fast forward to last month - my team leader started telling me about a visitor that would be coming to check out the ministry and meet the team. As she described this visitor, I knew it was Maureen, the Kenyan I had met at the conference. 
I was ecstatic! God was answering my prayer!

Birthday Present: Maureen arrived the night before my birthday and I got to spend yesterday (my birthday) showing her Pemba, part of the ministry, and the team. 
She loved it, had a great time, and both of us were encouraged. After so many months, God brought us back together, here in Pemba, and looks like He is opening the door for her to join us next year. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo