Lost Phone

My dogs were going crazy because of the visitors in the yard.
I tried, unsuccessfully, to control them. It didn't help I had my phone in my hand. With no pockets in my skirt, I looked for a good place to set my phone... not on the ground obviously, it could be stepped on.
The hood of the visitors car right in front of me, perfect.

I got the dogs under control, then talked with the visitors. We brought some stuff inside the house and then I walked them back out to say goodbye. After they left, I wondered where my phone was.
Oh no.
I immediately realized I had left it on the hood of their car and they were gone.

I went back and outside and told my guard and his wife what had happened. They were dismayed. He immediately pulled out his phone and said "call them."
The problem is, like most people, I don't have numbers memorized.
I asked him to go down the road and look to see if it had fallen off already while I went to my leaders house to try calling the visitors.

No one answered when I knocked on my leaders gate. The guard didn't find the phone on the side of the road. 
When I finally got a hold of the visitors, it was too late.
My phone was gone.
It fell off at some point (inevitable on these roads) and someone had already found it and removed the sim card because calls weren't going through anymore.

Obviously, the moment I realized I had truly lost my phone, with all of my pictures, notes, language recordings, and everything else on it, was painful.
I cried.
But fighting off Satan's lies and attacks God brought two songs to mind:
Bless the Lord oh my soul
Oh my soul
Worship His Holy name
(10,000 Reasons)
... 
Lord have Your way
Lord have Your way in me
(I Surrender) 

Thank God for the words of these songs. It's so easy to be bitter or to blame. It's human nature. But it doesn't lead to peace. Only God can give peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo