Hospital Run: New Baby!

Mama S had her baby!

Last week I took her to the doctors for a checkup. He said she could have the baby within a week.
I told her to let me know when she needed a ride to the hospital.
But then I forgot.

I was visiting another family in Chibubware Thursday afternoon when the phone rang. Caller ID said Mama S.
I answered "Hi Mama S, how are you?"
The husband answered, "we are at the cemetery," and hung up.
[important insert: I live near a cemetery]

I was confused at first. I explained to the people I was sitting with and one of them told me to call back and clarify if they were needing a ride to the hospital.
I called back and Mama S answered. She confirmed that, yes, they were asking for a ride to the hospital.

I hiked back up the steep Chibubware path, panting at the top, went home to get the car, picked them up and brought them to the hospital. I told her to please tell me when she had the baby.

She called me later that night to tell me she had had her third boy and they were both doing well
This morning she called to ask for a ride back home from the hospital. 
Mama and baby are both safely back home now :)

(sorry, no pictures...)

Comments

  1. God blessed you with your car just in time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo