A Murdered Chicken

All was peaceful inside my home as I prepared to head out on errands. Then in a moment, everything changed.
I heard a chicken squawking frantically.
I heard my dog running excitedly.
I heard my guard yelling.
My heart plummeted. 

"Irma," my guard called me, "we have a problem." The neighbors chicken had gotten into our yard and my dog had grabbed it before he could get to it.
I sighed and walked around the corner to see my dog ripping feathers out of my neighbor's once beautiful chicken.
No one was going to be able to get that chicken out of her grasp, unlike the feathers now drifting aimlessly through the sand.

I walked gloomily over to my neighbors house and explained what had happened. Incredibly my neighbor said it was an accident, the fault of the chicken, and refused my offer to pay for or buy a new chicken. 

Two days later I discovered my driving school had failed to inform me that it was time to take my written test. Because of their negligence I lost my deposit of $44 and now have to wait at least another week before I can take the test and my International license expires next week.

I was upset at first, then I remembered the chicken incident. My neighbor, a Muslim, had graciously forgiven me. How could I, a Christian who has been forgiven by God, not extend forgiveness to those in the driving school? 

I think they were relieved that I didn't get mad at them and now I just need to wait to be able to take the test. 
Pray that it actually works out this time and that I can at least have my temporary MZ license before my international license expires.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo