True Love

Do I truly love my neighbor?
No

But I bring her food when she doesn't have enough
But I sit and spend time talking with her
But I pray for her regularly

But I talk about my faith with her
But I invite her over to cook with me
But I care about her

How can I say I truly love her, that I'm her friend, if I never share the way of salvation with her?

If I truly believe that Jesus is
"the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father except through [Him]"
then anyone who does not believe in Him is eternally lost.

How can I not directly offer to her the most important thing I have in life?
Why else did I leave my family, friends, and comfort zone to live in a different place?
Was it not for the sake of the Gospel?

But in my weakness, I'm afraid.
What if she gets offended?
What if it breaks the relationship?

The Holy Spirit convicted me, gave me courage and the opportunity
To share the way of salvation with my friend
I explained to her that, as her friend, how could I not share something so important with her.

Guess what? She did not get offended!
She understood why I was telling her
She listened, asked questions, and said she would pray about it!

But how many others am I afraid to do this with?

Image result for Bible pages heart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo