Why Pray?


It's a fun illustration, but it's also reality.
It's why we lift one another up in prayer; we don't always know what the other person may be going through. 
It's returning the blessing we've received, or passing it on to others.

Many of you know I am asking people to pray Colossians 1:9-11 for me, especially once I move to Mozambique and start building relationships with the Mwani people. But when verse 9 came up in my devotions this morning I realized it's an important two-way street.
How can I ask people to pray fervently for me if I'm not praying adequately for others? I am seeking to grow more and more in the area of prayer, my weakest area in the spiritual disciplines.

"And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding..."
Colossians 1:9 

Prayer is what unites us as the body of Christ and draws us closer to the heart of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo