Ladies Luncheon

This weekend I have the privilege of participating in the missions conference at my grandma's church. Along with teaching the kid's Sunday School hour tomorrow morning and then sharing in the evening service, I was able to share my heart with a group of ladies today, including many prayer warriors. These ladies wanted to know specific, personal prayer requests they could be praying.



One of the things I was able to share was from this week:
I had been discouraged on Tuesday about my monthly support, not knowing how I would get to 100% by December 13, AIM's financial clearance date for me. My friend exhorted me to spend extra time in God's Word and prayer which I was able to do Wednesday and Thursday. I could feel God changing my attitude and focusing me in a better direction. 
Support raising is not dependent on my efforts.  If I try in my own strength I will fail, but if I depend on Him and look to Him to provide, He will - in His time and in His way. And He is: one person, one contact, one connection, one answered prayer at a time. Like a phone call I received Thursday night which could lead to a 20% addition towards my monthly support. All I can do is give glory to Him.

Sharing that and other things with the ladies at the luncheon today was a blessing. It was a wonderful time of fellowship and felt very personal, welcoming, and encouraging. 
Thank you to all who attended and who have, are, and will continue to lift me up in prayer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo