The Blessing of Fellowship (Akekho Ofana no Jesu)

Given
Last Sunday a young lady walked into church and did not seem to know anyone so I walked over to talk with her and make her feel welcome. 
She had walked over from a nearby college where she is surrounded by non-believers who often do not understand her morals and choices.
My mom invited her over to our house for the afternoon. We fellowshipped around delicious food, Dutch Blitz, Settlers of Catan, and making butterfinger bars because she loves to bake. 
As I drove her back to her college she thanked me again, but this time saying "... you're so different from the students I'm around every day." She said this with emotion and yearning. It echoed in my mind as I drove home. Sometimes I take for granted the fellowship I have at my church but it was a joy to extend that fellowship to her last week.

Received
Monday night I was sharing my missions presentation with a small, home group arranged by a friend of mine. But I was not expecting to sing Akekho Ofana no Jesu (There's no one like Jesus), a song I learned to sing in South Africa. This unexpected blessing brought joy to my heart. One of the young ladies in the group had also spent time in South Africa and had taught the others in the group that song. As we sang it I could feel the fellowship between us all as we sang about our awesome Savior, Jesus. 

This fellowship of believers is what I am looking forward to bringing to the Mwani people! They are currently living in darkness and broken relationships but the Gospel will bring light, life, and restoration of fellowship with God and others for those who will accept it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo