Taxis, students, and cooking

Taxi: Last Sunday I went to church with Thobile and in order to get there we rode the taxi system. One on the way there and two on the way back; I was the only white person on all the taxis. After the last taxi dropped us off Thobile and I still had to walk Larsen's road to get back to property. I enjoyed the time spent with Thobile and the conversation we were able to have about culture. 

Students: The students are here! :) I have three roommates: Abbie is an intern with me, K.T. is a fun, outgoing student, and Connie is a sweet, quiet student. We've had some great conversations already and I'm looking forward to the year ahead with them. 

Uncle John, our director, spoke from Hebrews 10 our first night together; the take away was to draw near (to God), hold on, and spur one another towards love and good works.

Cooking: One of my main tasks this week was to help with meal prep. I had fun making Bunny chow, samp and beans, pasta salad, and chicken, rice, and squash. This is also a good time to build relationships with the students who are helping at each meal. 

Are you drawing near to God, holding on to Him, and spurring others towards love and good works?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo