Passion Concert! :)

Passion Concert: What a privilege I had last night of attending the Passion concert in Pretoria with our Discipleship Training Center students and staff. It was amazing to worship the Lord with 45,000 other people in the Loftus rugby stadium. Louie Giglio spoke on Tetelestai; which is the Greek word for "it is finished." This was the last word Jesus spoke as He was hanging on the cross. Jesus was saying that religion, sin and it's power, shame, and self were finished, done for, He had completed them and in Him they no longer matter. He even gave an invitation at the end and many people trusted Christ as their Savior! After this we sang the song "Even so come" which was my favorite song of the night because I'm so excited for the day when Jesus returns and I can be in His presence. 



Zandspruit: On Thursday afternoon I went to a ministry center in the Zandspruit community where we spoke to over 100 children about running the race for Christ (1 Corinthians 9:24) by reading their Bible, praying, and sharing God with their friends. I loved being around kids again; playing with them, laughing with them, and sharing God's love with them. They live in a rough community but God's light can shine in and bring them hope. This will be my minstry every Thursday and eventually I will get to teach a lesson with a translator to help. 



Just for Fun: I am teaching several of the students and young staff how to swim in the swimming pool on property. They are doing a great job, persevering and willing to laugh. Today Lawrence learned to dive and Thobsela learned how to float. I was having fun helping them. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo