Good Works?

KHS Ministry: Neo was the only grade 10 girl in my small group on Tuesday night but I think God had a reason for that. We just briefly introduced ourselves and then started talking about the message Jabu had shared from Joshua 24:14-22 and Ecclesiastes 12:1. "Choose this day whom you will serve;" Neo said she chose the Lord but I felt I needed to pursue that thought and go deeper. I discovered she she is taught that you get into heaven by doing good works. I quoted "all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment" for her but couldn't remember the reference. We talked about it and then looked at John 3:16 and Ephesian 2:8-10. We are only saved by believing in Jesus and what He did on the cross, not good works. Our good works are simply the way we show God thank you after He has saved us and to build a relationship with Him.  I could tell she was thinking hard about it but would need time. At the end I told her our homework for the week was to find the verse I had originally quoted and when we meet this coming Tuesday we could continue the conversation. 

Joburg: Saturday morning I got to experience Joburg with Lawrence, Thobsela, Connie, Macy, and Abbie. We took a taxi in and walked around, crossing the Nelson Mandela bridge, visiting the Neighborgood Market, and then catching a taxi back from the Bree taxi rank. A little girl was sitting in front of me and kept turning around to look at me; I would smile and she would grin sheepishly and turn quickly back around. So cute. :)

I love living life in South Africa, from big to little, ministry to work, cooking to playing games, and building relationships with people. I thank the Lord for this blessing and for everyone who is thinking about and praying for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo