Training week

I arrived safely at Word of Life Tuesday afternoon after a long, 14 hour drive. We jumped right into classes like counseling, first aid training, and others. One of my favorites, called Shaping Influencers, helped me understand my role of bridging the gap between the previous generation and the campers that I will have this summer. I will be able to help some children figure out what their role in this world can look like as a Christian, and know better how to connect others with the gospel in a way they can really identify with and grasp. 

There will be ten of us girls in our unit and we'll be paired up differently each week to counsel. I have a wonderful unit leader named Emily Hix who will take good care of us and see that we each get what we need to be successful counselors for God this summer. (aka, she'll make sure I get my down, away from people and high energy, time, which might include watching some Sherlock :) ). 

I can still see God's hand working and know that this is where I am supposed to be for this summer. But it is very hard knowing that Christian Youth in Action is starting this weekend in Michigan and I'm not there. 

Thank you so much for your prayers! I know I will not make it through the summer without God's help through your prayers.

Rachel

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo