Lesson from a Spider & More

This last week was still prep week before the campers arrive tomorrow afternoon. They kept us very busy with classes in the morning, working in the afternoons, and rally's in the evenings, but it was good. After the information from the morning sessions I feel much better prepared, ready, and excited for counseling! This coming week, starting tomorrow afternoon, I will be counseling eight girls, grades 3-5, with my co-counselor, Becca. She's really awesome and bubbling over with the joy of the Lord and I'm excited to work with her! :)

Wednesday night was a very eventful night in two completely different ways... Between the last rally and evening devos I walked barefoot into our bathroom and screamed extremely loud when I saw an enormous spider almost the size of the palm of my hand about two feet away on the ground! It had fat legs, a thick body, and I think it was black and red but I couldn't say for sure because I immediately ran out of the cabin. I had a hard time calming down after that, but later during devos one of the ladies on staff shared how we need to fully rely on God to make it through this summer as counselors. Before that night I was not fully depending on God to give me the strength to make it through each day, but seeing that spider really shook me awake to the fact that on my own I'll just be in survival mode this summer, but if I fully, completely depend on God I can do more than just survive, I can make a lasting impact! 

Last night we had a practice Rodeo, with face-painting, friends, food, animals, and fun! Tonight they are showing the movie God's Not Dead which I'm really looking forward to. :) I'm really appreciating the down time before the crazy, 24/6 time begins.   

As you think about it this summer, please be praying that I will remember to fully and completely depend on God to make a lasting impact in people's lives. 
This week please be praying specifically that I will learn how to pour God's Word into the lives of the girls I will have, relying on God's wisdom to know how to minister to the different needs.

Rachel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo