Hello everyone, week 1 finished this morning and I get some time off today before the next set of campers arrive tomorrow afternoon. Overall I would say this week was good, yes, there were a few low points, but it was so worth being able to pour into my girls lives spiritually while having fun! My co-counselor, Becca, and I ended up with 7 wonderful girls. It was great to see each of them grow in the Lord and learn to get along.

I had the awesome opportunity to talk to one of our girls who went forward Monday night in response to a gospel invitation! She told me that she was choosing to let Jesus be her Savior to save her from her sins. After making sure she understand what that meant I went over a few promises with her and she told me she was so excited. Throughout the rest of the week we saw her growing in maturity and learning what it means to have a personal relationship with God. 

Thank you for praying that I would learn to be completely dependent on God. He taught me a few more lessons on that this week. He showed me where I was still depending on myself and caused me to let go of those areas, giving Him the control. It's crazy to look back and see the difference in when I was relying on myself things didn't go well to where I was depending on God things went great. I could really see a difference in my attitude when I had my Quiet Time (in the Word) in the morning and when I didn't get to it till night time. 

This following week I will be counseling the same age group with two different counselors, just a bigger group than this last week. Please continue to pray for me as this really is stretching, but through it all God is teaching me.

Comments

  1. That is amazing! Glad to see your willingness to let God work through you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo