Celebration Sunday

"Worthy of every song we could ever sing
Worthy of all the praise we could ever bring
Worthy of every breath we could ever breathe..."
Build My Life

I sang out this beautiful worship song standing next to a South African, at the same table as a friend from New Zealand, and smiling across to a young lady from China.
The first Sunday of every month is always special for me.
It's when the missionary and international community of believers gather to worship God.
Today there were people representing 9 different countries from around the world and multiple different languages.


I always look forward to it. I always enjoy it. It's always encouraging to me.
Today it brought extra joy to my heart and a smile to my face after a long and harrowing two weeks.
I sometimes forget just how significant "Celebration Sunday" (as we call it) is. I've gotten used to praising God in this multi-cultural setting. But today I was reminded how much we need each other and what a beautiful picture of what heaven will be like:

"A great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb... crying out with a loud voice, 'Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!'"
Revelation 7:9-10

Oh for the day when this will include many believers from the Mwani people. May God open their eyes to see that He is worthy of their praise. May He draw them to Himself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo