Rewind to Childhood

I used to run into the back yard, straight to the bushes, and find my chameleon friends. I would laugh as they tickled their way up my arm, to my shoulder, and into my hair.
Today, I got to relive that memory a little bit (see it on my hand?). It's our day off from training and we had fun hiking near a crater, stretching our legs after three straight days of sitting in "class."

Day one of training we each shared our story of how God brought us to where we are today, being His ambassadors of the Gospel in Africa.

It was interesting reflecting on how God brought me from Kenya as a child (bottom left), to the experiences and training I received with Child Evangelism Fellowship and Word of Life (near top), back to Africa with my internship (center of R), to Mozambique full-time with Africa Inland Mission, and everything in between.

One other special rewind to childhood was visiting the airplane hangar my dad used to work at in Nairobi. After 17 years I still remembered parts of it and it brought tears to my eyes.

Pray for me as this training continues, that I will absorb everything I can (despite long days of sitting) to take back to Mozambique with me. That I can be a more effective servant, reaching out to the Mwani with the Hope of Jesus Christ.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you got to visit some of the places of your childhood. I know that had to be special for you. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo