Mystery Man

(Following is a story from this time last year during my Cross-Cultural Internship with Word of Life)

I sat dumbfounded as I read the email explaining the mystery that had baffled me for more than a week.
"This is a donation from the man you sat next to on the plane. That was his description to us!"

Three weeks prior to receiving that email I'd had a conversation about lowering my salary because of low funds. Shortly after that conversation a donation appeared in my account from a man I did not know. I asked around trying to figure out who he was so I could thank him.
I asked my mom. She has always explained who people are that give to me because they used to support my parents as missionaries in Kenya. She had no idea who this person was.
Maybe it was someone from the recent missions trip group that had come to help with a few projects? Nope.
Then I received the email:
"... the man you sat next to on the plane..."

"The man on the plane?!?"
I thought back to my flight from Atlanta, Georgia to Johannesburg, South Africa. Yes I had sat next to a man who was on his way to visit his daughter. But that was months ago. I had talked some about my internship with Word of Life, about helping with youth camps and kids ministries, but had not given any addresses, numbers, websites, or anything like that.
But apparently he had been impressed and told his wife about me and months later God laid it on their hearts to give towards my internship just when I needed it.
This reminder from last year is encouraging me right now. I am raising support to go as a full-time missionary to northern Mozambique with Africa Inland Mission (AIM). But I am reminded that all I need to do is share with others what I am doing and where God is leading me. He will be faithful to take care of the rest, He has already promised He will. He can do it through family, friends, and strangers alike, through anyone who wants to be a part of reaching the lost with the Gospel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo