Faithful

My phone was buzzing... 
I answered the video call and my heart leaped for joy as I saw two girls dear to my heart smiling and waving and saying hi and how much they love and miss me. It was Elizabeth and Refilwe from South Africa.
I have not seen them since I shared those Precious Last Moments with them last November in South Africa (see post from November 18, 2017). But thanks to a friend in South Africa who was allowing these girls to use her phone to call me I could answer and tell them how much I love and miss them too.
I had poured my heart and energy into Elizabeth and Refilwe every Thursday afternoon. I had watched God change them from being uncertain of their salvation to knowing they were saved and have a personal relationship with the Creator. I watched their love for God grow, especially in desiring to read His Word.
God gave me a special gift in being able to talk to them briefly this week. They are doing well, they continue to attend ministry every Thursday afternoon, they are still growing spiritually, and still reading their Bibles.
God is Faithful! He will continue the work He begins in each of His children's lives, continuously drawing them to Himself. I can trust Him; He will do what He has promised to do. He was reminding me of His faithfulness this week.

I needed this reminder. I had another heart-wrenching goodbye. A young lady from China I have had the privilege of getting to know and minister to on Thursday evenings at the Language Cafe is leaving. As I drove home after saying goodbye I struggled to keep the tears from flowing. 
How could I say goodbye to someone who I know is not saved, not knowing if I will ever see her again?!?
God is faithful.
Before saying goodbye we had a chance to talk. She asked a question that opened the door for me to talk about my relationship with God: how I can talk to Him, the Creator of the universe, who has lived for all eternity, and who made and loves me; how He communicates with me through His Word, through the Holy Spirit who lives in me, and through other Christians; and how I know His voice just like sheep know the voice of their shepherd (John 10) and grow to recognize it better the more I spend time with Him.
She was captivated, caught by the beauty of what a relationship with God can look like. She leaned in and soaked it all up.
Even though she is going back to China God can water the seeds that were planted. He can draw her to Himself through the work of the Holy Spirit. Because God is Faithful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo