CYIA Special

Last night concluded almost two weeks of helping at Child Evangelism Fellowship's Christian Youth in Action training (CEF's CYIA training). I used to go all the time but have been out of state/country the last few years. It was a bit strange being back again (in a different/new location for me) and not know very many students, but it was great to see some familiar faces and be able to help out as possible. I only have space to mention a few of the people I interacted with but there are many others I wish I could share about.

Aubrey
Three years ago (my last time at CYIA) Aubrey was a student in my study group; this year she was student staff and my roommate. It was a privilege to see her again, spend time with her, and notice the change/growth God has done in her life these last three years.

Ruth
Three years ago I helped coordinate the summer ministry for the Northwest Chapter of CEF of Michigan. That summer Ruth was one of the teen teachers I worked with. She is now a committee member for CEF in that area and during this CYIA training she and I got to co-led a study group together. It was great to work along-side her once again and encourage her.
Image may contain: Ruth Deem and Rachel Williams, people smiling, sky, outdoor and closeup

Study Group
Alexis, Storm, Gloria, and Melody were the girls in the study group Ruth and I co-led. Each of the girls were unique and special in their own way, with different strengths and weaknesses. I watched God change each of them; they grew in confidence and their teaching abilities, they learned to work together, and most importantly they drew closer to God and learned to depend on Him.
(Pictured: practicing their part of the 5-Day Club while Ruth pretends to sleep)


Dorm Girls
Amber and Cierra were the girls in the dorm I checked in on to make sure they were doing okay, asked what they were learning each day, and prayed for/with them each night. I loved spending time in their room chatting with them, hearing from them, and sharing a little about missions with them.

Each of these girls made my time at CYIA extra special. I am so proud of each one of them and will miss them. I pray they will continue to serve the Lord and I look forward to seeing them again someday (if not on earth, at least in heaven).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo