Where in Africa?! & Flying Colors

Mozambique

Africa Inland Mission (AIM) has appointed me as a full-time missionary to northern Mozambique!

AIM was excited to learn about my Portuguese and asked me to pray about going to northern Mozambique where they are starting a new team. I am ecstatic about this opportunity to return to a familiar country, closer to my friends, and continue to use my hard-earned Portuguese. I was given three other options to pray about but it has been very clear that God is leading me to Mozambique.

Fast Facts:

  • January 2019 Departure
  • Going with another young, single lady from the U.S.
  • I will need to learn another local, tribal language as well as brush up on my Portuguese
  • I will be living near the city of Pemba
  • Distance from the capitol city Maputo in the south to Pemba in the north is the equivalent distance from Cadillac, Michigan to Miami, Florida
  • 10 Identified Unreached People Groups live in northern Mozambique


Flying Colors
I was nervous. 
The AIM leaders in northern Mozambique were about to Skype me to determine my level of Portuguese.
"What is it going to be like?"
"How will they test my level of Portuguese through a Skype call?"
"What if I'm so nervous I forget all my Portuguese?"
"I don't want to go to language school for several months before joining the rest of the team in Pemba."
I prayed, "Lord, you can calm my nerves and remind me of the Portuguese You helped me learn. But if they decide I need language school then I will comply, knowing that You have a reason."

The Skype call went well and at the end of it they exclaimed:
"You passed with flying colors!"
Relief and excitement flooded over me, "Thank You, Lord! Now I can go directly to Mozambique in January without a detour for language school."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo