Noah's Trust

80+ kids sat attentively as I spoke about Noah's trust in God Thursday afternoon, but they did not know how real this story was for me. God asked Noah to trust and obey Him even though he did not fully understand why "and Noah did all that the Lord commanded him," (Gen 6:22). God called Noah to a very specific task and Noah did not turn away from it, no matter how hard it became. These kids from the Zandspruit community grasped the message of the story and the importance of trusting God in the midst of difficult circumstances. 

I have taught many lessons to children over the years as many of you know, but I always find that kids are the most attentive when God is using the lesson to speak into my own life as well. God's Word never returns void but it is extra encouraging to see the visible impact on others when I simply share from a heart being molded by the hands of my Heavenly Father. 

Earlier in the week a situation stared me in the face and drove me directly to God's calling on my life to be a full-time, vocational missionary. Though I may not understand exactly what this will mean I know I must trust and obey God. There is no way I can turn my back on this calling, no matter how hard it might become. The decision was and is clear, in fact it was hardly even a choice, I knew what I had to do. Was it easy? Definitely not, however God has given me a peace that I made the right decision and am doing the right thing. From this experience I was able to teach the kids at Zandspruit about the importance of trusting God, even when it is hard. To them I was teaching from the story of Noah, but for me I was speaking from my own life and what God is bringing me through. 

Comments

  1. Love you, Rachel, and am praying for you. God is good. All the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and all the time, God is good! Thank you Aunty Mary :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo