Chapa's, church, and camp

"My future and all to which I relate hangs in the balance, and You tell me wait?!?"

This has honestly felt like my life this week. Waiting on the Lord, waiting for other people, waiting for decisions to be made. I am still waiting for the biggest decision to be made, but at least the smaller one was finalized yesterday. Early Thursday morning I will be taking a bus from Maputo to the border of South Africa (SA), crossing the border, and then re-entering Mozambique within two hours with the Word of Life team from SA coming into Mozambique for the English Camp (see below). I have to exit Mozambique because my first 30 days expires during the camp. 

Last Sunday I was able to attend church with my friends from December camp, Catarina and Elina. To step into their lives in their home and community environment apart from camp was an honour. I wish I could describe it for you. A small black church nestled in the heart of their community but with hymns from the Western culture translated into Portuguese. After church Elina introduced me to everyone, I ate lunch at Catarina's house, and then the three of us took a Chapa back into Maputo. (A Chapa is the most common mode of transportation, it's basically how many people can you squeeze into a small vanlike vehicle, but it's very cheap, picture belowe). During the short ride they were asking me what I thought and were happy that I (a white foreigner) was willing to experience the reality of their life in this way. 

Upcoming: I will be going to another province in Mozambique on Thursday to counsel at the same English Camp (Rock for Life) as I did last year. I am looking forward to a "break from the norm" and the chance to pour into the lives of the girls attending. Sadly, Alexandra is not able to attend this year but I know God has other lives to touch. March 23-27 is the camp for the middle school/early high school grades March 27-April 1 is the camp for the upper high school grades. 
Please pray that God will be preparing the hearts of everyone attending, that His Truth will be boldly proclaimed, that I will be open and genuine with the campers and focused at the task at hand. 


Resultado de imagem para mozambique chapa
(A picture of a Chapa from the internet, most Chapa's look much more beat-up than this one)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo