At the Foot of the Cross (Aos pes da Cruz)

Mais Descobertas aos pes da Cruz 
(More Discoveries at the foot of the Cross) 

"If anyone would come after Me [Jesus], let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?
Mark 8:38-36

The above title and verses are from my Portuguese Quiet Time (QT) this past week. They sum up a little of what I have learned this past week. 
What discoveries lay at the foot of the Cross? I have discovered the depth and reality of surrender and what peace in the presence of my Lord means. In the course of the week, and in different ways, God has asked me to surrender to Him every single area of my life. I have been stretched and challenged more than I thought possible in one week and have only bourne it in the strength of the Savior. I cannot share everything with you yet but here are two examples: 

I was supposed to meet with Alexandra for discipleship on Wednesday, but when I arrived at her school I found out she was in the hospital. She fell at school earlier that morning and fractured her jaw and other injuries. My heart broke for her; I have been praying for her and messaging her, but so far have been unable to see her. I pray God uses this in her life to draw her to Himself. 

The same day I had one of the hardest conversations up to this point in my life, partially because it was basically all in Portuguese and I was not able to fully express myself. It was even harder because of how the other person responded. I am still trying to make sure there was good, clear communication and am continuing to pray for this person. 

Next week I will be able to share with you about the largest of the challenges and how it will affect the rest of my internship this year. I ask that you pray for me in the coming days as I continue to seek peace and surrender at the foot of the Cross (aos pes da Cruz). Obrigada (thank you). 



"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
Jim Elliot

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo