Staph infection & visa

I am still in the U.S. waiting to head back to Mozambique because of an unexpected health issue. Back in December I got blisters on my feet from new shoes. The blisters were healing well until one of them got infected in January. It turned in a staph infection and I was immediately put on antiobiotics. The infection took much longer to heal than the doctor expected and though it's not fully healed yet and I'm still on the antiobiotics he is happy with the progress it has made this past week. My departure date is delayed because of the infection but I am hoping to leave around February 15, Lord willing.

Along with the infection I was struggling with my visa situation. I now have a 30 day visa that I am going to try to extend once I arrive in Mozambique. A new intern to South Africa, Nikki, is still waiting for her visa and we hope to fly out together. 

My prayer is that I use this extra, unexpected time wisely with family and friends. 

It can be hard to sit still and wait in the midst of swirling circumstances, when nothing seems to be going according to plan. In the midst of it all, though, God is in control, nothing comes as a surprise to Him. As a daughter of the King I know I can trust Him with my life, every tiny detail of it. No, this is not easy, but it is worth it to leave all my frets, my doubts, my worries at His feet and trust Him. Everything will happen in His time and in His way.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo