Return to Africa!

Departure Date: February 21
Arrival Date in Johannesburg: 22 February
Possible Date for Maputo: 27 February

Torn. Divided. My heart has longed to return to my African home. I miss all of my friends and family in the Lord.  How is my desire so great to return to Africa when I have been with family and friends in the U.S.? Why does it feel like I am going home when I have been sitting at home the past several weeks? I was born in Africa; I know and love the culture and the ministry. I am a Third Culture Kid (TCK). I call many places home in two distinct cultures but one day I will have one, true Home with God for all eternity.

I am looking forward to being part of the ministry in Mozambique again. I have been keeping in touch with several girls and can't wait to talk with them in person. My foot has finally healed enough for travel as long as I am still careful. Please pray for safe travels and a fast adjustment so I can jump back into ministry. 

I have enjoyed my extra time at home with family and friends and several unexpected blessings. I know God has a reason in keeping me here longer than I had originally planned on. I know I can trust His timing and His ways. I do not regret any of the time spent playing games with my family or hanging out with friends. I have cherished every moment with each person. My delayed departure has been a suprise blessing to everyone here who thought they only had me for three weeks instead of two months. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo