A Castle in Africa

I arrived safely in South Africa Wednesday evening and have had a wonderful time so far, although I was a little jet lagged on Thursday. 
I am leaving Monday morning for Mozambique (traveling by bus). Please pray for safety as I travel. 
Friday night I had the opportunity to go to youth at the church I attended most of last year. It was so great to see everyone again! A few of the girls were not expecting to see me and their reactions were priceless. :) 
One of the missionary families in Mozambique is here for the weekend, on their way to the airport tomorrow afternoon. They are leaving for Brazil for their furlough. I am really glad I got to talk with them today before they leave for a few months, and I got to practive my Portuguese. 
My accountability partner/best friend and roommate from last year came to visit me this weekend!!! :) What a joy to my soul to see her again after 3 months. We have talked a lot, updated each other on how our lives have been going, and then we went to go see a castle (yes, a Castle). Last year they started building it down the road from the Word of Life property and we went to look at it, but it was mostly just bricks and cement. Today it is absolutely beautiful, inside and out. We were even blessed to have the grand tour by the owner herself. She has so much imagination, creativity, and vision tied into this castle, it was great to see someone living their dream in reality. As we took the tour it started to pour and she offered us a ride back to property, but we still got wet running from the gate to our room laughing all the way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo