Isabel

I am back in Jo'burg now, but I had a wonderful time in Durban. One of my primary purposes in being there was to connect with Isabel and be an encouragement to her. She is a youth leader at Bethany Church but is originally from Angola (the one I practiced Portuguese with) and sometimes lacks confidence in herself and ability to speak in public.

Last weekend I stayed in her home and felt immediately a part of that family. Isabel and I had several great conversations and were able to encourage one another in the Lord. She is a beautiful young lady, and is growing in her relationship with the Lord. I hope that I was as much a blessing to her as she was to me. 


I said goodbye to her Sunday evening but little did I know that God still had something planned. I arrived back in Jo'burg by bus on Tuesday and while waiting for my ride I met Tshepi who was on her way to Durban. I am ashamed to say I did not share the gospel with her then, but we did exchange contact information. The next day I was convicted, sent her a message, and we talked about the gospel a little. Instead of finishing the conversation via messages I connected her with Isabel and they were able to meet and talk last night. I am so proud of Isabel for stepping out of her comfort zone to share the gospel with Tshepi and grow in her confidence. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo