Be Still

"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him." Psalm 37:4-7

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

This week has been an emotional roller coaster. But in the midst of it God has been there constant and steady. These verses are such a great reminder to me and calm my heart before the Lord. I can trust Him because He is God, He is in control, and He does not change. He is the same today as He has always been and He will continue to be so. 

I cannot believe that my year in South Africa is coming to a close. I only have one week left before I say my goodbyes and head across to Mozambique. Next Saturday we will be celebrating Thanksgiving with all of the Word of Life South Africa staff and students and then I leave the following Monday. 

So many new friends have been made this year who have blessed my life I could probably fill a book talking about them:
My roommates, the other students I live with on this property, the Wolza staff, my fellow interns, the kids I've met on ministry, the youth I've talked to at church, my friends from Durban, and the people in Mozambique who I will be seeing soon. I thank God for all of them and the various experiences and memories I have with each. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo