"I have Amazing news!" ~ Alexandra

"Oh btw I have amazing news," Alexandra messaged me after I told her I was back in her city of Maputo, MZ last week. 
"Can you tell me now or do I have to wait till I see you?" I asked. The next minute she called to tell me something that shocked me to the core and humbled me tremendously.

I met Alexandra at camp back in April. She kept telling me all about her plans to go to boarding school in South Africa next year. I could tell it meant a lot to her so I tried to be happy, but inside I was sad; we would be trading places, I would be moving to MZ from SA and she would be moving from MZ to SA. On the phone she reminded me of all this, making me sad again but then her tone changed. 
"Remember... Well, I asked my mom if I could stay in MZ one more year so I can spend more time with you and she said yes!!!" (wow, I'm tearing up even now as I write this a week later. I still can't believe it). I was (still am) blown away, shocked, and humbled. I've been praying for her ever since camp. She is not saved (to my knowledge) but she has a desire to learn. I am thanking God for this opportunity He has dropped into my lap to pour into her life. This is an answer to my prayers in several ways, but I can feel the weight of this responsibility bearing down on me. I do not want to waste such a privilege. Yet, I know this is from God and He will provide the wisdom, strength, and ability to point Alexandra to Himself. 

Will you please join me in praying over Alexandra, especially for God to convict her of the Truth and her need for Him?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo