Mozambique bound!!! :)

Mozambique camp: Tomorrow morning I leave for Mozambique!!! I'm really excited for the chance to go meet the Word of Life team there and get involved in the ministry going on that side. A team from South Africa is going to help with two weeks of camps that the Mozambique team is running for children and youth. I know most everyone on the team and look forward to the bonding experience. After the two weeks of camp the South African team will head back, leaving me behind in Maputo.

Maputo: I will live with Uncle Carlos and Mama Zeza in a guest room in their apartment until May 1. My time with them will be spent getting familiar with the ministry and working on my Portuguese. I will get to help them with a ladies conference and shadow Mama Zeza during her mentoring meetings. 

Prayer: Please pray that God will give me courage to speak Portuguese despite fear of mistakes, embarrassing myself, get laughed at, and corrected many times. 

(This last week was packed with school work, getting ahead so I can focus completely on counseling at camp for the next two weeks)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo