City Life

City Life: I have made a lot of adjustments in the last two weeks while living in the city of Maputo. My ears are getting used to hearing Portuguese everywhere, even if I don't normally understand. I have gotten used to looking out of windows from several stories up and seeing cars, buildings, and people everywhere. I know my way around some parts of the city and have walked to a few close places by myself. I am becoming familiar with the Word of Life ministry here, participating with what I can. I love the four missionary families who live here and have now stayed in each home. I have visited three different churches, two of them mixed Portuguese and Shangana.    

Triechardt School: The youth I met at camp earlier this month all attend Triechardt School. I have had the chance to go visit them at school four times since being back in Maputo. I had several great follow up conversations, answering quetions and trying to be a light and reminder of what they learned about God at camp. This will be one of my regular weekly ministries every time I am in Mozambique. 

Travel: With ticket in one hand and my visa in the other I will board a bus at 6:30 am tomorrow morning bound for Johannesburg, South Africa. I have enjoyed my stay in Mozambique but I am looking forward to seeing everyone that side again. Please pray for safety as I travel and an easy and simple border crossing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo