South Africa! :)

Wow, what a wonderful last few days. Macy Ford and I flew out of Albany, New York Tuesday morning (Eastern time) and made it to Johannesburg, South Africa Wednesday evening (this time). I already feel so at home. The people here are very welcoming and friendly. I've made many friends (Kodani, Fortunate, Thobsela, and others) and gotten involved in ministry and work projects. I am learning to be a learner of the culture, customs, language, ministry, and most importantly of God. 
I love the weather (it's warm, not cold and snowy) and the landscape is beautiful. We got put right to work, assembling bunk beds, making supper, helping with the children and youth at churches, and other random assignments. Tomorrow I will be going to church with Luke and Erin Lacey. 

Learning to: build relationships with other people. Put yourself out there and be a blessing in someone else's life. Don't be focused on self or comfort. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo