How Great is our God: cheetah, work, youth

Cheetah lesson: On Thursday I had the wonderful privilege of seeing one of my dreams come true - petting a cheetah. Anabele is a beautiful animal made by the Creator God and I thank Him for this blessing. His sovereignty is incredible; He can hold the entire universe together and orchestrate every single detail - from big to small. The Lord has brough me to South Africa to serve alongside the Word of Life staff here and still He cares about me enough to add this small detail of petting a cheetah; which I did not deserve. How Great is our God!

Work projects: All week we were busy getting everything ready for the Discipleship Training Center (DTC) students arrival on January 31 (tomorrow). The Word of Life property added on three new rooms that we painted and assembled bunk beds in while the guys installed the showers, sinks, and drain system. I wish we had taken before and after pictures to show how much of a difference all that hard work made. I look forward to welcoming the new students tomorrow and building relationships with them. 

Youth: On Sunday and Friday evening of this last week I went to Youth with Erin and Luke Lacey. On Sunday I felt very welcomed as a group sought me out and introduced themselves to me. Whereas on Friday evening I needed to go outside my comfort zone and seek out conversations with the teens. This is because Sunday evening is more discipleship oriented and Friday evening is more of an evangelistic outreach to some of the unchurched teens in the area. I like how they are able to minister in both ways and that I could be a part of it. I love fellowshipping with other believers from many different cultures, knowing that we all serve and worship the same God. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo