MZ Photo Overview

I felt like Santa Claus during my first week back in Mozambique. I had packed a 48-pound suitcase full of gifts for my teammates and friends. I had fun handing them out and seeing the look of joy on their faces. I also gave away a lot of my stuff that I knew I wouldn't have space to bring back. Random odds and ends that I could bless my teammates with. Outwardly, it felt good to bless others because internally I was wrestling with a lot of emotions, questioning everything. Why did I have to leave this place? Why did I have to say goodbye to all these wonderful people? Why do I have to move to Detroit?

While God didn't answer my questions, He reminded me to trust Him. This is the path He has me on right now. So I treasured each precious moment that He allowed me to have in Mozambique.

I stayed with teammates Bruna and Vinicius for the first two weeks. I'm thankful for their warmth and hospitality despite the many challenges they were facing at the time.

Small Group was one of the most important aspects of my life during my time in Nampula. Being back with them on my second day brought so much joy and peace to my heart. I will miss them dearly.

Gracie, from Small Group, was one of my best friends in Nampula. She has now moved to Colorado where she will get married in June, but she stayed in Nampula long enough to spend time with me before leaving. It was also good to spend time with Maureen before she left for her Home Assignment in Kenya.

Amazingly, God opened the door for me to take a last-minute trip to Pemba. I'm beyond grateful that it worked out despite transportation and security questions. When I climbed out of the car at the AIM house my dog, Mocha, came running to me and wouldn't stop wiggling from happiness. 

I went straight to Mama R's house to see her. She was surprised and happy to see me, then sad to hear that I'm moving to Detroit instead of staying in Mozambique. Still, it warmed my heart to sit and talk with her again.

I stayed with Arie and Marie, the South African family that took me under their wings during the cyclone in 2019 and many other crises after that. They're special people and I'm glad I got to spend time with them. They even took me to the beach to go swimming one last time.

Between showers of rain, I made it to Mama Z's house to visit with her and her family. They're doing well, but her husband is still wrongfully imprisoned with no hope of when he will be released. Please pray for his release.

I stayed with Roseli during my last two weeks. We had great conversations, got caught in the rain on the way back from kid's ministry one day, and she took care of me when I was sick the last week.

Obviously, these pictures are just a glimpse into my four weeks in Mozambique. Overall, it was a good trip, great to see how the ministry is continuing, and while bringing my stuff home was important, seeing everyone was far more valuable to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo