Grandpa

A big grin spread across his face as soon as he walked out the bedroom door and saw me standing there. He stretched his arms wide to give me a hug. It warmed my heart. He's the reason I came home early.


Yes, I'm back in Michigan. My grandpa on my mom's side, who recently turned 88, was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. I came home to say goodbye to him. Al
though I wasn't here for his birthday, I love this picture of him. I will always remember this smile and the twinkle in his eyes. 

I remember him trying to teach me how to fish for bluegills on a small lake when I was younger. Unfortunately, I didn't have the patience for it. I also remember the many times we played cribbage and euchre, two of his favourite games.

I'm thankful AIM allowed me to leave Mozambique earlier than originally planned. I'm thankful God helped me organize everything in order to leave. I'm thankful I had a safe trip back. I'm thankful for time to spend with my grandparents and family during this time.

Comments

  1. We are grateful you are able to be with your Grandfather...God give you His peace.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo