Nudges

Who would have thought when I woke up that morning what God would orchestrate through the nudges of the Holy Spirit?

I grabbed my purse, ready to walk out the door, and saw the box of newly arrived Kimwani audio Bibles. I should always carry one of those with me, just in case, I thought to myself. I slid one into my purse on my way out.

I arrived at Mama Z's house and followed the sound of her welcome into the dimly lit interior. As my eyes adjusted I noticed a strange man sitting on the mat next to the wall. I greeted him as Mama Z emerged from another room. She introduced me to her husband and told him who I was. After returning my greeting, he asked if I had another audio Bible like the one I had given Mama Z. Pulling out the one I had put in my purse, I thanked God for the nudge to grab it on my way out of the door.

After a short lunch break at home, I hesitated about my afternoon visit. I wanted to see *Rosa (not her real name) because I hadn't seen her for a while, but I didn't know which house to go to. I usually met *Rosa at her sister-in-law's house, but I didn't know if she would be there. I tried calling her, but she didn't answer. I had been to *Rosa's house before but had never walked there by myself. Noticing the time, I decided I would figure it out as I went.

I hesitated at the first turn-off, unsure if it would take me as far as I wanted to go, and chose to take the second turn-off instead. As I squinted down at my sandals sinking into the soft sand I heard someone greet me. I looked up and saw a girl I had met a few weeks ago. We talked briefly before continuing on our ways. I realized I wouldn't have bumped into her if I hadn't walked out the door when I did or if I had taken the first turn-off instead of the second one.

Turning the corner towards *Rosa's house I saw her up ahead and called a greeting to her. She turned with a happy look on her face. She ushered me into her yard and brought out a chair so I could sit down and talk with her. I offered her an audio Bible and she started playing it right away. She told me that when she had gone to visit her mother-in-law a few days before she had found her listening to the audio Bible I had given her the previous week. 

When a neighbor walked into the yard looking for her *Rosa told the neighbor it had been a God thing that I had encountered her outside her house. I hadn't realized how important the timing was to her. I thanked God for nudging me to go to her house instead of hoping to find her at her sister-in-law's and for the timing of it all.

Looking back at the end of the day I smiled at God's handiwork. I've been asking Him to teach me to listen to the nudges of the Holy Spirit. I know He answered my prayer that day. Who knows what He will do in these two lives, now that they possess the Word of God in their heart language. 

Comments

  1. This was such an encouragment to my heart. I, too, want to be sensitive to God's Spirit as I go about my days, too, eager to see what He will do to use me for His glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, God definitely nudges us through the Holy Spirit in our lives. What a blessing to hear how the Holy Spirit nudged you. :) This past Tuesday evening, the Holy Spirit told us it was important to visit a dear friend who had just been transferred to hospice. We visited our friend the next day, and that evening the wife texted us around 8:12pm to let us know that her husband was now in the presence of his Saviour. We were so thankful that we had spent this precious time with our two friends. May you have a blessed weekend. Prayerfully, your friends, Dave & Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you were able to spend that precious time with your friend before God took Him home. Praise God for nudging you to go.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo