Déjà Vu

I feel like I've been here before. A sparsely furnished apartment on the second floor. A beautiful view of the odd-shaped mountains in the distance. A somewhat uncomfortable mattress on the bottom of a bunk bed in a small room. 

Oh wait, I have been here before. One year ago my team evacuated to Nampula because of the insecurity near our houses in Pemba. Now I'm back in Nampula, under similar circumstances. My team leaders are on Home Assignment and it's not wise for me to stay in Pemba as a single lady.

I've cried. I've laughed. I've met many new people. I've clutched the steering wheel with white knuckles because of the crazy traffic in town.

Goodbyes in Pemba were hard and I've been welcomed with open arms by the missionaries in Nampula. On Sunday I ate lunch with several of them at a beautiful restaurant outside of town. I noticed a sign by the dam that said "Be Careful of Crocodiles."

Nampula is my new home for the next three months. I'm still figuring out what life will look like here. Still trying to navigate my way through the differences (besides crocodile signs and traffic).

Ministry possibilities abound, including among the Mwani people. This next week I'll do some exploring before deciding what I want to do. Please pray for wisdom as I adjust to the changes.

Comments

  1. It has to be hard to make the changes you anticipate as well as those you don'yt yet. We will pray that you have His wisdom, direction, peace, and everything else you will need these 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, we are praying for your time in Nampula that God will bless you and that you would be a blessing to those who God brings into your life. Prayerfully, your friends, Dave & Deb :) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo