Surprise Baby

"I want to visit Mama N this afternoon," I told our house help as she was cleaning that morning.
"I think she had her baby," she replied.
What?!" I exclaimed, "but she didn't look big enough yet! How could she have had her baby already? I thought she still had another month. Was she early?"
"I don't know, my neighbor told me she thought she saw her returning from the hospital with a baby, but I don't know for sure," she responded, "but go this afternoon and see for yourself."
"Okay, I will."

On the way to Mama N's house that afternoon I ran into another friend and told her where I was going. 
"Oh, did you know she had her baby?"
"Someone thought she did, I want to go find out."

"Hodi," I called as I walked into the yard. Mama N's daughter greeted me with a grin on her face and called her mom from inside the house.
We sat and went through the greetings before I brought up my surprise in hearing a rumor that she had already had her baby. She responded by going to get her newborn baby girl who was sleeping in the house. A precious, beautiful baby girl!
I stayed and talked with Mama N for over half an hour, practicing my Kimwani.

"Have you been listening to the radio I gave you a few weeks ago?" I asked referring to the audio Bible that they call a radio.
"Yes, we are enjoying it, but I can't listen every day because my husband often takes it to work," she responded.
That made me smile. At least God's Word is being valued and reaching multiple people in their heart language. But now I'm considering giving them a second one so she can listen at home even if her husband takes one with him to work.

Please pray as I develop this relationship with Mama N, that God will open doors to explain His Word to her and that He would open her heart to receive the truth.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo