Orchestrated Radios

Walking home from my language lesson at Mama R's house, I glanced at the neighbors house and saw that they were home and decided to stop in. As I walked in, I greeted the grandmother, Bibi A, and her granddaughter.

We chatted for a few minutes and then Bibi A asked me what I had learned in my language lesson that day. I hesitatingly replied that I had been trying to read in Kimwani and showed her the Piya Vinu children's book that talks about God.

"Let me see it," she said and put her hand out. I was nervous because our neighbors have appeared skeptical towards Christianity. But as she flipped through it, reading different sections, a smile grew on her face.

"My son knows all of this," she stated. I was stunned. She said the name of her son and I was even more shocked.
"But I know him!" I responded excitedly, "I met him last year."
"He helped with all of the translations," she continued. I could hardly believe that this elderly lady that I was living next to for months could so casually say her son helped with the Kimwani Bible translation work.

"Can I play something for you and you confirm for me if it is your son speaking?" I asked. She nodded and I started the Kimwani audio Bible I have on my phone. She immediately said it was her son speaking. In my heart I stood in awe of God and how He orchestrates details like this.

"Bibi, I have an extra audio Bible at home, can I bring it to you tomorrow?" I asked. She responded that she would like that. I told her I would come back the next day to give it to her but that I needed to go home because it was getting dark. She reluctantly returned the book she had been looking at. I reassured her that I would bring her the audio Bible to listen to.

The next day, I brought it to her and she immediately started listening to it with a contented look on her face.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo