Meet Loicy

God has provided a language and culture helper for me, but she has also already become a good friend and confidante. Meet Loicy:



Loicy and I have already shared our testimonies with each other, gone out to explore the area, walked to the tailor to have a capulana dress made for me, and practiced my numbers (very important to know when you ask how much something costs), and had several good culture conversations. 

I have also been faced with several big decisions: Am I going to live in the AIM house? If yes, do I move in as soon as construction is complete or after the team leaders arrive in April? Do I get a guard or only guard dogs? If a guard, who should I ask? What appliances do I need to buy?

Having a good foundation/base is necessary to be able to start ministering well to the Mwani people here in Pemba.

Being a full-time missionary is definitely different this time, but I thank God for wonderful teammates and leaders and His grace to get me through each half-day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo