Golden Coffee and Teaser Info

"Are you going to try the Arabic coffee?" my Arab friend asked me Thursday night at the language cafe's monthly potluck where I volunteer.
"Well, I don't usually drink coffee... but maybe I'll try a little bit for you," I responded. I started pouring and was shocked to see orange liquid in my cup.
"Why is it orange?!" I asked her.
"Oh, it's not orange, it's golden... This is because the coffee beans are not roasted long." Interesting, I thought as I sipped on the liquid, thankful it didn't have the bitter taste of other coffee.
As we continued talking she explained that it is polite to only fill a guest's cup half full so it can be refilled during their stay which shows attentiveness to their needs.
After asking her what she had learned of Easter the previous weekend, she expressed interest in reading the Bible and I was able to show her the Arabic translations offered on the YouVersion Bible app for phones.
I'm thankful for the privilege of being in her life, getting to know her and her culture, being her friend, and the opportunity to share my faith with her. 

-----
Africa Inland Mission has given me exciting details concerning a particular location/team assignment!
I was able to share some about this in my first missions presentation at Sheridan Drive Baptist Church (my home church) this morning. I count it a privilege to be a part of this special, supportive church and thank God for them. 
Lord willing I will be able to share these details with you soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo