Gugulethu

This morning I had the privilege of teaching the Bible lesson for our Larsen's road ministry. In the book of Judges God's people forgot who the Lord was and what He had done for them so they started making bad choices (worshipping idols). 
During small group with the older girls we talked about why it's important to remember what God has done and the need to share those things with other people. They all gave specific examples  and ways they could apply this to their lives: daily reading God's Word and telling their friends at school about God. It was the best discussion I've ever had from those girls. Praise the Lord for their genuine interest and pray these seeds take root in their lives and grow.

Gugulethu, one of the girls, talked to me afterwards. She was concerned about why the Israelites would forget God and make bad choices. This gave me the chance to review the Gospel with her, especially sin nature and the need to believe in Jesus for salvation. She had memorized John 3:16 from the previous week and is beginning to understand its truths. She was quietly listening as I talked and had a deep, thoughtful look on her face. She also knew this might be the last time she would see me so I encouraged her that if she understands and believes what John 3:16 says then she will see me in heaven someday. Please pray the Holy Spirit will work in her heart to bring her to salvation.

It was my last day doing this ministry as we have other events scheduled for the next two Saturday's and then I leave for Mozambique for camp. It's never easy saying goodbye but explaining to them why I'm leaving and what I'm doing next (Lord willing) helps. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo