Mirrored Reflection

Looking into the mirror of time I can see myself sitting on this same bed, in the same room, inside the the heart of Maputo during the month of April. But as any mirror reflection is not the same as the real object so the image of myself in that reflection is very different from who I am today. 

  • Then I was spiritually dry ... Since then my life has become saturated with God's Word.
  • Then I was struggling to place my focus in the right place .. Since then God has taught me to focus on Him first and place Him at the center of my life. 
  • Then I did not know how to feed myself spiritually ... Since then God has shown me different ways to grow spiritually. 
  • Then everything in Maputo was new: people, language, city, culture, ministry, everything ... Now I know people, I am beginning to know the language, the culture, and the city. 
How different I feel. But looking in the mirror of time has shown me how much God has blessed these last few months. 

Ministry: Word of Life Mozambique has 3 summer camps (December 10-23, one day off between each), I will be helping at all three and then flying immediately home just in time for Christmas. 

This morning in my quiet time I was so challenged by Romans 3:9-20 "no one is righteous... no one seeks for God... no one does good... no fear of God before their eyes..." But for the grace of God there go I
To imagine what my life would be like if God, in His grace, had not saved me. Especially in reflection of where He has brought me this year. He is my everything, my life revolves around Him. In Him I live and have my being. Without Him I have no life, no purpose, no hope, no joy, I would be empty and shriveled up inside. 
Praise God for salvation, hope, joy, life, and purpose.
Praise Him for His FAITHFULNESS.

Comments

  1. Dry...focus...feeding spiritually...
    In so many ways, I see you have had those things. More so than others.
    And yet, you felt those things in yourself.
    We can always feel dry...need focus...and grow spiritually. We feel the lack because He is so full and complete and all in all.
    Every year I grow and know Him more and in comparison, I see the lack before.
    Just think about when you're 92! or the full joy of heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo