Confidence in the Cross

Communion plays a significant part in my salvation testimony because I pretended to "get saved" just so I could eat this "snack." Thankfully the Lord convicted me of my sinfulness a few years later and I was saved at the age of 8. Partaking in communion yesterday, during the Good Friday service at Lawley Family Fellowship, reminded me of God's graciousness in the midst of my sinfulness. Jesus, God's one and only Son, was willing to suffer so much pain and humiliation in my place so He could offer me the gift of eternal life, and anyone else who accepts it. I know I am a daughter of the King (John 1:12) and I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I will spend eternity with Him in Heaven.  I have confidence in this because of what happended 2,000 years ago, and you can too. Our remembrance of His death on Good Friday and our celebration of His resurrection on Easter Sunday are equally important. Every day of a Christian's life should be lived out in light of this truth. 

I was able to watch "The Passion of the Christ" for the first time earlier this week. It gave me a new perspective on what Jesus went through and gave greater meaning to the phrase He uttered when hanging on the cross above His accussers, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do," (Luke 23:34). If you have not yet watched this movie I would highly encourage you to do so. 

P.S. If you do not know for sure where you will spend eternity please don't wait any longer to find out. You can have confidence of an eternity spend with God in Heaven. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Atheist

5-Day Club

God's Backward Oreo